Use Miradore's configuration profiles to add specific WiFi settings to your iOS devices. With configuration profiles, you may store the certain WiFi settings and deploy them to multiple devices. This article instructs how to create WiFi configuration profile for your iOS devices and provides an example how to configure WPA/WPA2 Enterprise networks with protocols like EAP-TLS and PEAP.
How to configurate Wi-Fi profile
1. In Miradore, go to Management > Configuration profiles and press the button Add on the top of the page.
2. Select the platform iOS and from the next step the option WiFi.
3. Define the configuration for the profile.
There are three tabs for different settings:
- Enrollment Wi-Fi network: On this tab the basic settings like SSID, if the network is hidden and security mode are defined.
- Wi-Fi proxy: Here you can define the WiFi network's proxy server settings.
- EAP settings: On this tab you may configure WPA/WPA2 Enterprise WiFi network settings.
4. Define a name and description for the configuration profile, and press Create to finish the configuration.
Example: Creating WPA/WPA2 Enterprise WiFi network configuration
1. Before you can define the EAP settings, you need to choose security mode "WPA/WPA2 (Enterprise)" from the Enrollment Wi-Fi network tab.
2. Go to EAP settings tab and define WPA/WPA2 Enterprise WiFi network configuration settings.
On the EAP settings tab, there are few basic configurations:
- Accepted EAP types, which are used to authenticate secured wireless connections.
- Trusted certificate that defines trusted root certificate for the connection. This field is mandatory.
- Trusted server certificate names, to list all the accepted server certificate common names. In case, server presents a certificate not on this list, it will not be trusted.
There might be more configurable settings appearing, depending on the EAP type chosen:
- Identity certificate is mandatory field when it is visible. This defines the certificate for EAP-TLS, but also allows two-factor authentication for EAP-TTLS, PEAP and EAP-FAST.
Deployment and monitoring
You can deploy the WiFi configuration profile from Management > Configuration profile. Choose the correct profile from the list and press Deploy. Read more detailed instructions how to deploy configuration profiles in Miradore.
You may monitor the progress of the configuration profile deployment from:
- Management > Action log
- Management > Devices > Device page (Action log tab)
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.