With Miradore you can secure and control your company's iOS devices. Online supports iOS devices from version 5 onwards. This article considers some basic management features as well as different device enrollment methods supported by Miradore.
In order to start managing your Apple devices in Miradore, you need to take Apple Push Notification service in use. This service is used for secure communication between Miradore and the managed Apple devices. Read more about Apple Push Notification service from our knowledge base.
There are two management modes for iOS devices: supervised and unsupervised. Devices in supervised mode, have some additional management options compared to unsupervised devices. In what purpose the device is for and who owns it, are few aspects, which can define the management mode of iOS device. When using corporate-owned devices, the best option is to supervise them. Supervision gives administrators a better control over the device and they can easier monitor that the device is compliant with company policies and regulations. There are several different ways to set the device into supervised mode.
Admin may use various different methods to enroll iOS devices to Miradore.
- The basic enrollment method is to enroll a device to Online with the wizard.
- For advanced management, the enrollment with Apple Business / School Manager (Apple DEP) is recommended. Use Apple configurator 2 to add iOS devices (from version 11 onwards) to Business / School manager manually, in case needed.
- Enroll iOS devices with the MDM profile downloaded from Miradore System > Infrastructure diagram. Use the Apple configurator in order to install the MDM profile to iOS devices.
- Administrators can also send the enrollment message from Miradore to multiple users at once or instruct them to do the self-service enrollment to their devices.
Supported management features for iOS devices
- Device inventory collection
- Configuration profiles, such as:
- Mail for Exchange
- Activation Lock
- Security actions, like:
- Application and certificate management
- Business policies
Apple Business manager (Apple's user guide)
Apple School manager (Apple's user guide)
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.