DEP automation and user assignment
We have implemented improvements to management of Apple Device enrollment program devices.
- The list of DEP devices are now synced automatically from Apple DEP in 6 hour interval. This scheduled update is limited to Enterprise plan sites
- DEP devices can be assigned to users from the DEP devices list by using "Assign devices" action. This is available to all sites
- Admins can configure the DEP enrollment profile to be assigned automatically to newly discovered devices. This, together with the scheduled device updates, offers automatic DEP assignment without admin's manual work. This setting is also used when device list is updated manually from Miradore Online
- Admins can choose to save date from DEP information as device's purchase date. Please note that the date is the one when device is assigned to this site in Apple's portal.
Last two settings can be configured in enrollment profile settings. Automatic assignment can also be limited to cases when device has been assigned to a user or device is found from the list of imported device identifiers (serial numbers)
- Serial number column has been added to Devices list. This is by default hidden, but can be shown from the column selection menu.
- Better handling of Android enterprise errors when a user has been assigned too many devices
- Status of the user has been added to API
- Changed VPP configuration wizard to direct admin to Apple's business manager in addition to old Volume purchasing program portal
- Better management for network errors when enrolling Android devices
Old Android client support removed
We have removed support for Android clients older than version 2.3.0 (released in the end of 2015). We have earlier informed customers having these old devices about this change, and gave a few more months time to upgrade old clients. To have those devices managed again, update new Miradore Online Client in devices.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.