iOS activation lock management and bypass
Activation lock for iOS was introduced in iOS 7 to provide additional security when a device is lost or stolen by preventing anyone from using the device without knowing the Apple ID and password of the end-user. When a user turns on Find My iPhone, activation lock is automatically enabled and the device prompts the user to login with his/her Apple ID and password during factory reset.
When thinking about Supervised corporate devices, this can become a problem if the device must be reset or allocated to a new user or an employee leaves the company. Activation Lock Bypass feature of Miradore can be used to circumvent such problems.
In short, activation lock bypass code is automatically queried from Supervised iOS devices and shown in Miradore console. Administrators can use this bypass code to disable activation lock when needed.
See more in documentation.
- Available in iOS 7.1 and later. Requires that devices are Supervised. The most convenient way to get devices into Supervised mode is to enroll them through the Apple Device Enrollment Program.
- The device must have an iCloud account configured.
- The device must have Find My iPhone turned on.
This feature is available for customers in all subscription plans.
Chat to the user interface
Added possibility to chat with our Customer Service Specialists.
New permission role: Reader
Added reader level permission role that can be used only to view and browse the data in Miradore. Readers can't run any actions or deploy configurations to the managed devices.
New restrictions for iOS
- Deny Bluetooth modification (iOS 10.0 Supervised)
- Deny diagnostic data setting modification (iOS 9.3.2 Supervised)
Minor improvements and bug fixes
In addition, this service update contains multiple minor improvements and bug fixes. Lot's of improvements to VPP license processing.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.