This article describes how to add an Android Google Play application into Miradore. If you're interested in Android application management, consider upgrading your site to the Enterprise Plan. See more in How to upgrade subscription for further information.
If you would like to add managed Google Play Store application, read the instructions from the related article.
1. Navigate to Management> Applications where you can see the list of current applications.
2. Click Actions > Add and open a wizard for adding a new application from Google Play store.
3. At the wizard, select the device platform (Android) and click Next. The platform selection determines which device platform the application is intended to be used for.
4. After selecting the platform, select the application type Google Play store and click Next.
5. Fill in application details and click Create.
Name of the application. The name is visible to device end-users when they accept the installation. This field is mandatory.
Package name. An unique identifier for the application in Google Play. The package name can be found at the end of the URL on the application's Google Play Store page. For example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miradore.client.v2. This field is mandatory.
Note: You can click Show in Google Play to validate that the package name was typed correctly.
Install referrer. If this is defined, the install referrer is passed to Google Play store during app installation. Some applications use this, for example, to deliver licence information.
Notification to user. A message that requests the device user to install the application. This is visible to device end-users when they accept the installation.
Description of the application.
Add shortcut to home screen. Defines if application shortcut should be added to home screen of the device. Requires Android client version 2.3.2 or later.
5. In the last screen of the wizard, you'll see a notification which tells you whether the application was successfully added. You may exit the wizard by clicking Close.
In case you need to modify the application settings, just navigate to Management > Applications page and double-click on the application. This opens the application page.
After you have successfully added the application you can start deploying it to your Android devices. See more in How to install applications to Android devices for further information.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.